Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can I get a copy of w2's (2015) filed with IRS? My figures…

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a copy of w2's (2015) filed with IRS?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My figures from my ss report and irs don't match. I can't find w2 info for 2015.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Prepping my response. Be with you shortly.

You can request a copy of your Wage and Income Transcript for TY 2015 from the IRS. The transcript will show information reported on the Form W2(s). You can request the transcript, free of charge by calling ***-***-**** (designated telephone number for transcripts). You can also try calling 1-***-***-****.

-----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information which you will find helpful.

You can obtain a copy of your Wage and Income Transcript ONLINE using the IRs website.

The Get Transcript tool has been unavailable since 1/1/18 due to scheduled maintenance, but is due to be available tomorrow, Januayr 8, 2018.

The service is free.

Here's the link: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can also request a copy of your transcript by mail, which is referenced in the above link.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Original Expert here...

Note that while you can request the transcript online, you may want to think about it before doing so. I say this because for a while, the online request transcript tool was not active due to it being hacked and many taxpayers info being stolen. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------------

The Internal Revenue Service has reinstated its Get Transcript service, more than a year after hackers managed to manipulate settings in the system in order to steal information on more than 720,000 U.S. taxpayers.

The IRS suspended the service – which gives citizens a way to look up line-by-line tax return, wage and income information for a given year – last May after it was discovered attackers had been accessing sensitive information via the platform. From February 2015 to May 2015 attackers were able to use personal information, such as individuals’ Social Security numbers, dates of birth, and tax filing statuses, to beat the service’s security checks.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://threatpost.com/one-year-after-hack-irs-debuts-updated-get-transcript-service/118608/