Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am disabled, i have no taxable income but i was told that…

Customer Question
Hi, i am disabled...

Hi, i am disabled, i have no taxable income but i was told that i could get the proff of all the medication i had to buy this and get money back

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In florida

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

'not right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 7 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The cost of your medication would only be shown as a deduction if you filed a return and itemized your deductions. It then only subtracts form your income and reduces the taxable income amount it does NOT produce a refund unfortunately.

I wish I could tell you differently but medication is not a refundable credit and there is no refund for filing your taxes based on medication costs.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.