Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My wages are being garnished because of a tax lien for

Customer Question
unpaid taxes,interest, and penalties from...
My wages are being garnished because of a tax lien for unpaid taxes,interest, and penalties from almost 20 years ago. However, the 'public records' sections of all my credit reports no longer show the tax lien (since 2016). I was promised a pre-garnishment court hearing that never materialized. How can I know the exact status of this lien?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
1/7/2018
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer Thanks for asking for me.

I can help, but the best way is to investigate the tax itself, the statute, if you filed a return, and a host of other potential issues. I would also want to see the IRS filing.

The fact that this had gone to wage garnishment tells me that a number of benchmarks were not addressed. This is not an issue I suggest untrained people try to address themselves.

I can assist via our premium service offering, as there are several inquiries needed to validate the tax debt and its collectibility.

Please consider my offer to assist.

The premium service prompt did not open on my end. I'll let site management know.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney