Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I thought that we would get a 2 % raise in our benefits,, My…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I thought...

Second opinion] I thought that we would get a 2 % raise in our benefits,, My husbnd did get a raise bur Idid not.. why is that?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just want to know what happened to my measely 2%... my starement has the same amount that I had last year, so where is my lousy 2% ?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I can think of at theis time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Medicare premiums went up by almost 30% this year (a reflection of the fact that health care cots in this country are out of control ... specifically, Medicare beneficiaries are getting $100,000 immunotherapy treatments and expensive healthcare for essentially nothing.

...,

If it were not for the hold harmless provision in the Social Security Act (which says that your NET benefit will never go down becasue of a medicare part B premium increase) your benfits would have gone down this year

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit"– That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

..

But again, if you need more on this, or if I've not understood your question correctly, please let me know.

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986