Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can I report two tax cheats. I'm upset. 85 yrs old and…

Customer Question
How can I...

How can I report two tax cheats.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'm upset. 85 yrs old and can't t get help. One person is working for the min. to get aid and his wife is working for cash. They bought a house and 2 kids have gone to Rutgers free and the third one is going.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

What do you want names and addresses. I know of 2 different people and do have names and addresses

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You may send a letter tor use Form 3949-A( I will provide a link to the form at the bottom of this post) . Please include as much information as possible, such as these important points:

1. Name and Address of person or business you are reporting
  2. The individual’s social security number or the business’ employer identification number
  3. A brief description of the alleged violation(s), including how you became aware or obtained information about the violation(s)
  4. The years involved
  5. The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
  6. Your name, address and telephone number*

Mail either to

*Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity will be kept confidential.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf