Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just got a notice that they did not receive my local 2014…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a notice that they did not receive my local 2014 taxes. I have found my federal and state copy and my w2 forms but can not find my husbands w2 forms. How can I get a copy of his 2014 w2.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane.

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Bear with me just a moment and I’ll provide my initial response and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this.

You can get that by going to the IRS website for obtaining transcripts:

...

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

You'll see two blue buttons in the middle of the page.

...

Be sure, once you get into the process that you check the box for "wage and income transcript." There are several different types of transcripts.

...

This will give you W-2's, 1099's, K-1's (ALL of the income that was reported to IRS)

Thank you.

You’re very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough.

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane