Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I file tax feb 2017 and was alterd i sent all information…

Customer Question
I file tax feb 2017...
I file tax feb 2017 and was alterd i sent all information thet ask foe igot letter in july saying they got my info so know need to contact them a month later i got papers to send over again so i did then i receive a letter saying that iwill receive something by dec 22 bow i calls ans it saying they cant give no information on my refund it was saying your refund is been prosess i would like to know what to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2018
Tax Professional: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

The best thing you can do is contact the taxpayer advocate nearest to you. They are independent of the IRS, but are funded by the US treasury. They exist to assist taxpayers in matters like this - where the IRS is not responding in a timely manner. You can go to the website below, and then find the office nearest to you and contact them. It won't cost anything for their assistance.

https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.