Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question about filing my 2017 Taxes and collecting…

Customer Question
I have a question about...
I have a question about filing my 2017 Taxes and collecting my refund while being in debt (collections) to the AAFES MILITARY STAR CARD.Dec 2014 I moved, stopped making payments, and have had no communications with them since. The original balance due was around $5,500. I had the card for about 7 years and until then, had never missed a payment.They took my 2015 refund I filed online, which was $1,200. In 2016 I was unemployed and didn't file. My 2017 refund will be around $2,500, and want to know if I have any options to get it to me or a family member.Even though they took my 2015 refund it was never applied to the balance. Every couple months I get an alert from my credit monitoring saying that I owe them more money. It's up to $8,900 now. They will raise my credit limit so it covers the previous late fee and equals 100% then tack on a new late fee.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the offset of your federal tax refund unless you file bankruptcy.

Have you tried contacting them to set up a payment arrangement?

I wish I had better news for you.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney