Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I would like to know about upgrading a small office to rent…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know about upgrading a small office to rent if those upgrading expenses are deductible

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I wa

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I own a small building on some commercial / residential property. I have been asked to rent it for small office but it needs repair upgrading

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Repairs are expenses that are deductible.

Improvements add to the value of the property and must be depreciated over a number of years.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

https://www.thebalance.com/improvements-vs-repairs-2125241

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent