Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, does a Schedule C sole…

Under the new Tax Cuts...
Under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, does a Schedule C sole proprietor qualify for the 20% deduction of qualified business income or is this only available to S Corp shareholders & LLC's?
1/5/2018
Patrick Mullis
Patrick Mullis, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

The new tax cuts and Jobs act are available for pass through entities like sole proprietorship. This will not be available for the return able to be filed in a few weeks bet for 2018's return filed at the beginning of 2019. Hope this helps if so please rate me 5 stars, thanks and good luck.

Patrick Mullis