Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need help in how to get a print out of our last years tax…

Customer Question
I need help in...

I need help in how to get a print out of our last years tax return. It was filed on time, however, the IRS went back over it and we received a smaller refund. We received notice that they made changes to our tax return and that we would receive details of those changes, however, we never received the notice providing us with the changes made by the IRS. I need this in order for my son to apply for FAFSA for school.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I am the one who does our taxes. We do not have an accountant do them for us.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
1/4/2018
Tax Professional: Patrick Mullis, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Patrick Mullis
Patrick Mullis, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

You can go on the IRS's website and order / print a copy of a previous years tax return. Worse case being that you may have to pay a nominal fee for this service. hope this helps if so please rate me 5 stars. Thanks and good luck.

here is the link.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-get-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-year-tax-return

Patrick Mullis
Patrick Mullis