Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I DO NOT HAVE A 401 K AT MY JOB CAN I BUY A IRA NOW AND

Customer Question
I DO NOT HAVE...

I DO NOT HAVE A 401 K AT MY JOB CAN I BUY A IRA NOW AND DEDUCT IT FOR 2017 ALSO IS THER AN ADDITIONAL STANDARD DEDUCTION AMT FOR PEOPLE OVER 65 THAT I CAN TAKE TAKE ADVANTAGE FOR I AM 69

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

MY AGI WITH MY SS CHECK IS $166,000 AND I AM SINGLE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/4/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is***** will assist you today.

If you do not have access to a 401K from your employer you may contribute to an IRA as long as you are under 70 1/2.

___

You are still able to open an IRA and make a contribution for 2017 even though it is currently 2018. You would need to make the contribution before April 15, 2017

___

The standard deduction amount for 2017 is $6,350 and for people over 65 you will receive an additional $1,250

If you have any additional questions at all please let me know!

My goal is to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction.

_____

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more.

A positive rating of 5 stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Federally Licensed IRS Enrolled Agent

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, Enrolled Agent