Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

In July I received a letter from the IRS stating I owed them…

Customer Question
In July I...

In July I received a letter from the IRS stating I owed them $2,500. the read

Accountant's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

The reason i did not turn ina W2

Accountant's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

We MOVED FROM LA IN 2014 THEY CLAIM, THE MISSING W-2 WAS FROM 2015. WE DID DO KNOW ABOUT TH 2014 W2 IN ANY IN 2016. MAIL WAS STOPPED BY THE POST OFFICE IN EARLY 2015. WHAT CAN WE DO? JIMMIE E JETER STONEWALL, LA ***@******.***

Accountant's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. What troubleshooting have you tried?

JUST WAITING FOR A HEARING

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

THAT'S ALL

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

we MOVED FROM LA IN 2014 THEY CLAIM, THE MISSING W-2 WAS FROM 2015. WE DID DO KNOW ABOUT TH 2014 W2 IN ANY IN 2016. MAIL WAS STOPPED BY THE POST OFFICE IN EARLY 2015. WHAT CAN WE DO?

Are you contesting that you were not paid as an employee in 2015, so the income the IRS is saying was missing is not correct?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney