Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I would likie to find out about my tax situation, My sociaol…

Customer Question
I would likie to...

I would likie to find out about my tax situation

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My sociaol security number is###-##-#### I need to know how much I owe the irs at this time. I am in chapter 13.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I file jointly with my wife Judy ande her so number is###-##-####

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/3/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Because that information is private and protected only you or your spouse can gain access.

You can view your TAX ACCOUNT online at the IRS.gov site. You can view:

• Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
  • The balance for each tax year for which you owe
  • Up to 18 months of your payment history
  • Key information from your current tax year return as originally filed.

Once you have viewed your information, you can:

• Select an electronic payment option
  • Go directly to Get Transcript without having to log in again

Please note:

• Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
  • Allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history.

Here is a link to the page

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4