Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a letter stating that IRS did not receive my 2014…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter stating that IRS did not receive my 2014 taxes. Where do I start looking, since the person who did my taxes have retired. I don't keep lots of paper from previous years.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I had my taxes done for some years by Ann Towns who has since retired.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I do not have a copy of any files other than last year

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
1/2/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The first step would be to try to find a number for Ann Towns to contact her and ask her if she has kept a copy of your 2014 tax return.

If you cannot locate/contact her, you will have to file your 2014 tax return. You can obtain copies of your wage and income transcript for 2014 from the IRS. You can obtain a copy online or by mailing Form 4506-T to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

In the meantime, you will want to call the IRS at the number listed on the letter you received and explain your situation so they will allow you additional time to file your 2014 tax return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent