Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is it tax fraud to pay employess under the table. so that…

Customer Question
Is it tax fraud...

Is it tax fraud to pay employess under the table. so that they can still receive payment from social security benefits.

Accountant's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
1/2/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

It is ILLEGAL to pay anyone in cash (under the table), whether they are receiving Social Security or not.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent