Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My dear old Dad is, unfortunately, fading. Question is: He…

Customer Question
My dear old Dad...

My dear old Dad is, unfortunately, fading. Question is: He wants to leave $1.5 million to his kids

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Tax liability under new tax laws?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Just answer the question posed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
1/2/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

For 2018, the estate and gift tax exemption is $5.6 million per individual, up from $5.49 million in 2017. That means an individual can leave $5.6 million to heirs and pay no federal estate or gift tax.

The new law exempts about $11 million for individuals

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Hello, just checking back to see if the answer addressed your question.