Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On the 1120S, where should real property sales (a property…

Hello, On the 1120S, where should...
On the 1120S, where should real property sales (a property purchased, rehabbed, and then sold) be listed at? Should I use the Gross Receipts and Cost of Good Solds section? Or, the Net gain/loss form 4797?Thanks
1/1/2018
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. Unless you do enough of this that you'd be considered a dealer (a pretty high hurdle), you'll use form 4797 which will flow to 1120-S' schedule D, and then via the K-1 to the 1040 as a capital gain.

Thank you

lease let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Woops, looks like we crossed there.

...

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough!

That's the only way I'll be compensated by JustAnswer for the work here

...

Thank you,

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS