Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If i pay electornocally today will fed irs recognize the…

Customer Question
If i pay electornocally...

If i pay electornocally today will fed irs recognize the payment todayu as 2017? or 2018

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

For individual return estimated tax payment

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Can I make a ta

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
can i pay irs today and get credit in 2017 for payments
assuming the payment is electornic
12/31/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - if debited from your account today - it will be considered as made in 2017.

Please verify.

However - that probably will not make any difference in that is a payment for 2017.

My checking accounts on Jan 2 work no lo nger 12 31
And what if the debit happens jan1

On January 1 banks are closed - so most likely on your account that payment will be recorded on January 2, 2018.

But if you need a proof that the payment was made in 2017 - you might use receipt which could state today's date - that will be acceptable by the IRS.

But again - if that is a payment to the IRS - that will not make any difference on your tax return.

But for state tax payment s- that might be important.