Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What form do I use to send realestate capital gains payment.

Customer Question
What form do I...

What form do I use to send realestate capital gains payment

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I sold an investment proper form do I need to send with my Capital gains payment

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Probobly

Accountant's Assistant: What else should I tell the Accountant?

Nothing. I just want to pay my cap gains.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response. Will get back to you shortly.

Capital gains payments are usually included in the overall tax due for the year. Are you asking if you can prepay capital gains tax? Still writing...

You can make estimated tax payments to pay a tax amount in advance. The form that is used to pay estimated taxes if the Form 1040-ES. However, you can pay estimated taxes online if you choose to do so. Still writing...

Link to Form 1040-ES: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf. If you choose to mail the payment in, use Form number 4 that is due January 2018. This is the form used to pay the 4th installment of estimated taxes for TY 2017. I will get the information for you to pay online.

Refer to either of the links for online payment options.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

https://www.officialpayments.com/pay-federal-estimated-quarterly-taxes.jsp

---------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Let me give you an example. If you have figured that you will have X amount of $$ in capital gains tax from the sale of real estate. You can pay that amount as an estimated tax payment either using the Form 1040-ES or paying online. The payment would be considered as an estimated income tax payment. Currently, there is no separate category for prepaying capital gains tax.