Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I get a corrected 1099 from DFAS for 2013?

Customer Question
How do I get...

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.DFAS claimed I earned 147000 for that year for retirement,I recieved notice from IRS,I owed 64000 for that same year for back taxes,IRS is settled,but the State Franchise want 18000 for star back taxes.what can I do?My average annual retainer for retirement is 20.000.for the last 30 years.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The IRS was settled through my Congressman ***** *****,but the state Franchise is a state issue.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/30/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, DFAS will NOT issue corrected 1099-Rs for a prior year.

How was the IRS aspect resolved? Did you file an amended return? Did you obtain a letter from DFAS in which they admitted their mistake?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney