Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Just found out that my tax withdrawals were less than I will…

Customer Question
Just found out that...

Just found out that my tax withdrawals were less than I will owe, what form can I use to send a payment in proir to filing in April?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What voucher do I use to send in a payment ?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/29/2017
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. It sounds as if your situation is pretty simple...meaning you don't itemize deductions...so, you will need to complete Form 1040-A, which is a short form tax return. You can download the form from this link: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040a.pdf

Complete this form and send it to the IRS and the IRS will send your refund.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard

I'm sorry..I misinterpreted your question. But, the answer remains the same. You file Form 1040A to pay the deficiency.

Richard, Tax Attorney