Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm trying to plan my 2017 tax return. Can I pay my FL RE…

Customer Question
I'm trying to plan my...
I'm trying to plan my 2017 tax return. Can I pay my FL RE tax for 2018 in advance?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/29/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you mean to claim the taxes as a deduction you would have to make sure that the tax was assessed and you received a 2018 bill for the tax. You cannot claim it as a deduction unless those have both been met.

The IRS is aware of the steps people are taking have already stated that an assessment has to have been made for teh 2018 year and a bill received or they will disallow the deduction.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4