Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Tax debt. Disputed LA City tax due from 2008 forward. No…

Customer Question
Tax debt. Disputed LA City tax...
Tax debt.
Disputed LA City tax due from 2008 forward. No payments made/no suits. We're going to talk settlement. Are any of the years past a statute of limitations? There's a bill for each year.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/29/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Are you referring to LA City business tax? The city of LA does not impose a city tax on personal income.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's for a business.

So you are dealing with the Office of Finance. Let me check on this. I will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The statute of limitations varies based on the circumstances. It could be 3 years, it could be a maximum of 8 years. Refer to pages 7 and 8 of the Office of Finance Booklet at the following link.

http://www.finance.lacity.org/sites/g/files/wph641/f/Business%20Tax%20Audit%20Information%20Pamphlet%20April%202013.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant