Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to get a letter CP 575-Assigning Fed Tax ID number…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a letter CP 575-Assigning Fed Tax ID number for the City of Raymond to submit a CMS request for that number. The City of Raymond's #is 41-1248458 but I need the letter . Thank you *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/28/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The IRS will not provide a copy of the CP-575.

BUT

You can call the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line toll free at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7am and 7pm.

Request a 147c letter when you speak with an agent on the phone. They will either mail it to you or fax it to you. There is no charge for the 147c letter.

You will be asked some security questions about the City of Raymond to verify your identity. Potential questions include: your EIN number, the name and address, the type of business income tax form you file, and your name and position in the company.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent