Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Need help filling out the form 593 for the state of

Customer Question
Good morning, Accountant's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Accountant's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Need help filling out the form 593 for the state of california

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Selling a home in the state of California, form 593 Real Estate Withholding Certificate.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The process is new to me, not sure what other questions to ask

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/28/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Here is the form

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2017/17_593.pdf

We need to verify if you are a resident of California and if that is your primary residence.

In additional - we need to know what is your expected gain on that sale?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that form and possibly 593 C and or 593E

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not my primary residence, I reside in Colorado

What is your sale price?

What was your purchase price?

What are additional improvement expenses (if any) ?

What are your selling expenses?

Was the property rented or it was used as a second home?

I will help you with that form.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor