Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Anyone there. We have our delaward corp which is Void, AR's…

Customer Question
Hi anyone there Accountant's...

Hi anyone there

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We have our delaward corp which is Void, AR's or Tax Delinquent as of 3/1/2016 how do we make it good standing?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Nop

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/28/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane.

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Bear with me just a moment and I’ll provide my initial response and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we havent filed the tax filing since a year and also didnt pay franchise taxes due to a lapse from our accountant. We have now got the tax returns done.how do we go about submitting them and also bringing the company back to good standing ?

The state of Delaware imposes only two annual maintenance requirements for companies that form here: (1) Pay Franchise Tax and (2) maintain a Registered Agent.

...

If a company fails to do either of these, the state will void that company, charge penalties and possibly administratively dissolve that company.

...

You can pay your franchise taxes online here:

...

https://corp.delaware.gov/paytaxes.shtml

...

Since the state of Delaware does not require companies who incorporate here to furnish information about their owners' addresses or principal places of business, the only way the Secretary of State can mail important documents, such as Franchise Tax reports, to companies is through their Registered Agents.

...

Who is your registered agent?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. So If i get this right, if we pay the franchise taxes + have a registered agent, this should get back to good standing right?how do we know how much to pay?our reg agent is delawareinc.com

In order to fulfill the requirements needed on a cover memo for proper return of your request, the Division of Corporations has provided an Acrobat fillable Form for use by clients submitting a request. Please only submit one Cover Memo. You may use either your company letterhead with the information that is in the cover memo below or the cover memo itself but please only send one cover memo.

IMPORTANT MAIL OUT INFORMATION - All requests are returned regular mail thru the postal service. No orders are faxed or emailed. You may request your order be returned Fed-X or UPS and include your express mail account number.

• Corporate Certificate Cover Memo
  • Filing Cover Memo
  • UCC Cover Memo

When submitting your memo, you must complete your name and address and supply us with a phone number, fax number or e-mail address so that we may contact you if there is a problem with your submission

Delawareinc.com can tell you exactly where you are (in terms of what it will take to catch up ...part of their job)

Note the top, right of this page: https://www.delawareinc.com/aboutus/hbs-difference/

16192 Coastal Hwy. Lewes, DE 199581-800-345-CORP1-***-***-****Skype: DelawareIncEmail:***@******.***Live Chat:live chat

If they are your registered agent, they can tell you exactly (based on their records of dates ... and what DE SOS has sent to them regarding your status) what you need to do.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks. so secondly, i have the tax returns done by a accountant. but they have not yet been filed.1. how do i file the tax returns ? he mentioned to mail to to the tax office2. how do i pay the taxes?

you can pay the taxes online here: https://corp.delaware.gov/paytaxes.shtml

...

And you can actually file the return here:

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/ecorp/logintax.aspx?FilingType=FranchiseTax

If you'd like to send in a paper return here's the address:

...

Delaware Division of Corporations
Attention Franchise Tax***** STE 4
Dover, DE 19901

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" (you may have to scroll up to see the stars, OR look to one side or the other if you’re on a device, such as a phone or tablet) – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

...

Thank you!

Lane

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was referring to the income tax :)

P.O. Box 8765
Wilmington DE###-##-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didnt get that. Can you confirm the following1. How do we file the income tax return and pay the income tax?

That's a different question from the one you asked:

...

you can make the Corporate income tax payment(s) here: https://dorweb.revenue.delaware.gov/scripts/olp/olp.dll/buspay

...

And you can send the income tax return here:

...

Delaware Department of Revenue
Carvel State Office Building
820 North French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Telephone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS