Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What can I do when someone threatened me they would sue me…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do when someone threatened me they would sue me if I report them to the IRS

Accountant's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

They cheated tax in Va but now live in CA

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
12/27/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

"what can I do when someone threatened me they would sue me if I report them to the IRS"

Report them anyway. If you suspect or know of an individual or a business that is not complying with the tax laws then report them. They will not know you reported them unless you tell them or threaten them that you are going to do that.

Your identity will be kept confidential.