Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm 68 and thinking about taking out social security while I…

Customer Question
I'm 68 and thinking...

I'm 68 and thinking about taking out social security while I continue to work. I.e., this year I have a before-tax income of maybe $72k. If I additionally get SS at $2243 per month, how will that affect my taxes next year?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

Maybe another time. Thanks!

Sorry, had to walk the dog.

Please confirm you couldn't wait.

Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you continue earning 72K and start collecting SS benefits, 85% of your benefits will be included in your income. It will increase your income by about 23K, possibly pushing you into higher tax bracket.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney