Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm interested in funding a donor advised fund. I'm also…

Customer Question
I'm interested in funding a...
I'm interested in funding a donor advised fund. I'm also considering starting a 501c3 nonprofit in the future. If I start a 501c3 nonprofit, and take a salary from it, would it be an issue if I donate to it from my donor advised fund?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
12/24/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Donor-advised funds are subject to requirements under the Pension Protection Act of 2006.

See additional information here

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/donor_advised_explanation_073108.pdf

You may receive reasonable wages as a compensation for services you provide to 501c3 organization - that is not an issue.