Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

It has been over 8 months since I filed my return

Customer Question
It has been over...

It has been over 8 months since I filed my return electronically in the state of FL. The IRS states that I am being audited for like 5 months now. Why is my return taking so long?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have talked to my tax preparer and talked to 4 IRS agents and last time they said it was towards the end of the process. Why is it taking so long?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I have had multiple letters from IRS and responded to all of them.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, the IRS is understaffed and overwhelmed. Basically, it's a waiting game.

My personal experience has been that it is now taking the IRS a lot longer to get things done than it did in the past.

I realize that's no consolation because you're waiting for a response, but unfortunately, they cannot be rushed. They don't have the manpower.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney