Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

With the revisions in the law, do I still have to pay tax on…

Customer Question
With the revisions...

With the revisions in the law, do I still have to pay tax on inheritance?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/22/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. On the federal level an inheritance is not taxable and that does not change under the new tax reform. Are you inquiring about an inheritance or estate tax?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney