Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a business question. California. So I have an online…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a business question

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

So I have an online based business that is registered in BVI Brith Virgin Islands, and I want to sell my items/products to the United States. How Can I do so? Knowing that I'm not American and I cannot obtain SSN

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have to register my business in the US?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 6 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If your intent is to sell goods into the U.S.—whether online or through U.S. partners such as a wholesaler—you may not have to register your business/file for incorporation in the U.S. However, if you plan to have a physical presence in the U.S. (such as an office or employees), you will need to register your business in the state(s) of operation.

The following link contains excellent information regarding income tax and sales tax for foreign entities doing business in the U.S.

https://www.myusacorporation.com/articles/taxation-of-foreign-entrepreneurs#bm13

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb