Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is the deduction for medical expenses on Schedule A repealed…

Is the deduction for medical...
Is the deduction for medical expenses on Schedule A repealed under the new tax law & can health insurance premiums for a Schedule C proprietor still be deducted on page 1 of Form 1040?
12/21/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Taxpayers can deduct medical expenses that exceed 7.5 percent of AGI in 2017 and 2018, but the new deduction level ends Jan. 1, 2019.

If you're self-employed, you'll still be able to take a tax deduction for the premiums you pay for medical, dental and even qualifying long-term care insurance for you and your family.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4