Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have form 8283 and need it signed by the charitable

Customer Question
I have form 8283...

I have form 8283 and need it signed by the charitable organization. Yhey say they can't sign it only give me a receipt is this ok

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I donating alot of my mons estate and part 3 has been signed by the appraiser but I finding it hard to find an organization that will fill out part 4 of form 8283

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/21/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

In some cases, it may be impossible to get the donee's signature on Form 8283. The deduction will not be disallowed for that reason if you attach a detailed explanation of why it was impossible. The receipt will be used as it states that you did indeed make the donation.

I hope this is useful.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4