Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I miscatgorized the sale of a property in 2016 on which I…

Customer Question
I miscatgorized the sale...

I miscatgorized the sale of a property in 2016 on which I took a loss as non-deductible... but it was a land sale and that loss should be deductible on carryforward basis. It would not have changed my taxes for 2016. Is it necessary to refile 2016 to claim the carryforward in 2017?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/21/2017
Tax Professional: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you. Even though it has no effect on your 2016 taxes, you should file an amended return for the proper treatment of the sale so that there will be no issues raised when filing your 2017 return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks and best regards,

Fred

Hello. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any follow up questions for me. If finished, please take some time to rate my service. Thanks!

Fred Rook
Fred Rook