Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Will my filing of federal taxes by the April deadline be…

Customer Question
Will my filing of...

Will my filing of federal taxes by the April deadline be according to the current set of laws (e.g. unlimited deduction of state and local taxes) or will the new "reformed" tax bill and its new rules hold sway? Will 2017 be like 2016, i.e. the current system?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No. I simply want to know which rules will govern my 2017 return

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
12/21/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will file your 2017 taxes according to the current set of laws. In other words, 2017 will be the same as 2016.

The tax reform bill is due to take effect for 2018.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent