Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I THINK I MY WIFE AND I ARE GOING TO BE VICTIAMS OF IDENTEY…

Customer Question
I THINK I MY...

I THINK I MY WIFE AND I ARE GOING TO BE VICTIAMS OF IDENTEY THEFT. I GAVE OUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS TO A COMPANY THAT WAS GOING TO REVISE OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

INEE

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BLOCK THOSE NUMBERS BEING USED A ND HOW I WILL BE ABLE TO FILE MY INCOME TAX. I CHECKED THE BANK AND WAS TOLD THE IT WAS NOT VALED A ND THEY BE A RESTION ON MY ACCOUN TS

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
12/21/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There is no way to block your social security numbers from being used if you are the victims of identity theft.

What you can do is the following:

1. Report the identity theft to the IRS.

2. Report the identity theft to one of the three major credit reporting agencies.

3. Report the identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission.

The following link contains the telephone numbers for the above as well as additional information you will find helpful:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-to-do-ssn-stolen,news-18742.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent