Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can you tell me where to put the following on our employee…

Customer Question
Hi Can you tell...

Hi Can you tell me where to put the following on our employee W-2. HSA Employee only contribution

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am filling out my W-2's for our employees and I don't know what box to put the Employee Only HSA Contribution. The employer made no contribution to the HSA.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No just need to know what box on the W-2 to use and if there is a code special for the HSA.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
12/20/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 7 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is***** am able to assist you today.

Q: what box on the W-2 to use and if there is a code special for the HSA.

A: - If the HSA contribution was excluded from the wages shown on the W2, then they were considered pretax deductions under an employer's plan & the amount should be included in box 12W.

- If an employee contributes to their HSA using after tax money, then the amount they contributed should not be placed in box 12W.

___

Here is an additional excellent resource to help guide you.

http://support.businessasap.com/article/334-hsa-box-12-w-employer-contributions

____

If you have any additional questions at all please let me know! My goal is to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction.

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more.

A positive rating of 5 stars or more is always appreciated.

Thank you!