Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Last year some one calmed my daughter that wasn't me. I was…

Customer Question
Last year some one...

Last year some one calmed my daughter that wasn't me. I was told by my HR block rep that I could put a pin on her SSN so it sont happen agiain. how do I go about doing that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
12/20/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 6 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can obtain an IP PIN from the IRS for your daughter if you meet the requirements.

The online service is undergoing scheduled year end maintenance and will not be available until January. 2018.

Here is the IRS link that contains the information:

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I cant get a pin because I wasn't invited or live in those states?

Did you report the identity theft to the IRS?

Or did another family member claim her?

My boyfriend tried to calm her because I was in bed rest and he was talking care if her, we both lived to him. He reported it send in her report card that showed she lived with us. Never heard any thing else about it. Idk who calmed her the HR block lady who helped us said she couldn’t tell us. So I’m calming her this year because I’m back to work. I just don’t want what happen to him to happen to me. I have called about 10 different numbers and can’t get anyone to answer me.