Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am preparing 6 years of tax returns, I have an IRS Notice…

I am preparing 6...

I am preparing 6 years of tax returns, I have an IRS Notice 2014-7 that states that states "IHSS wages received by IHSS providers who live in the same home with the recipient of those services are also excluded from gross income for purposes of FIT. I need to know where to put this on the tax form. I also have a share of cost from 2011-2014 of $8,000, that was taken from my check (my daughter's SSD was more than average recipient so she paid this share of cost, through my check. Not filing long-form because no longer a home owner. Thanks you.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I had IRS come to my front door and said I had to provide this information to them, they put a lien out, but no garnishments. I had a call from Larson Financial and they said they could help me, I've paid them $1,100 so far and they sent me the paperwork, but could not help with preparation. Most of the tax forms are self-explanatory, but do not know how to include these two items which are major for my preparation.

I have no way of sending supporting data, no fax.
12/21/2017
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

Can you confirm how you are paid those wages? Is it via w-2 as an employee of the grant agency?

I also assume you have paid your advisors to negotiate with IRS for substitute for return assessments that will be corrected once you file those old returns.

IRS was likely sent w-2 income your received on a w-2, and are looking for taxes. Same with your state.

If that is the case, reporting is possible by first reporting the w-2 income as reported. Then, create a second w-2 with negative wages and cite the IRS notice 2014-7 in a written statement you include in the filed return. The total wages that go to the 1040 are then $0.

This will cover the IRS reporting issue, and allow you to compute a correct tax with your tax software of choice. State tax too.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback with five stars is best if my response meets your needs. I'm PDtax.

PDtax
PDtax
PDtax