Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I forgot to file my 941 forms fro the year. What must I do…

Customer Question
I forgot to file...

I forgot to file my 941 forms fro the year. What must I do to correct this?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No, I have been paying my estimates and keeping my books up to date. I have an S-corp and will pay myself this last quarter, but did not the first 3.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/18/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane

...

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice to clients on three continents since 1986.

If you’ll please bear with me for a minute I’ll type up my initial response, and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this.

You just need to send them in as quickly as possible. The good news here is that, if you've been paying-IN the tax, then there will be no penalties.

...

Both the late/non payment penalty AND the late/non filing penalty are based on tax due.

...

So if there IS no additional tax due, there is no late filing or payment penalty

...

Y x 0 = 0

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS