Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My gross income is $17,105.64. Do I have to file a tax

Customer Question
My gross income is...

My gross income is $17,105.64. Do I have to file a tax return?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Soc.Sec.per year income is $10140.00 plus a retirement income of $4768.44 per year from a private employer. minus $10,140.00 per year for Medicare. and $2197.20 per year for Medex.More figures later,so that's it for now.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

What is my gross income? Soc.Sec # is###-##-#### Can't find my yearly report.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/16/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If your TOTAL gross income is $17,105.64 and $10,140.00 of that is Social Security, you do not have to file a tax return.

However, if you have federal taxes withheld from your pension, you will want to file a tax return in order to obtain a refund.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent