Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I find my Aunts taxable money payed to the IRS. There…

Customer Question
Can I find my...

Can I find my Aunts taxable money payed to the IRS

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

There was no wiil ,just want to know how much she was paying the IRS, She Past ed on in 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Bonds,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You may obtain verification of non-filing and certain income documents of the Aunt from the IRS using IRS Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

The IRS will need to know that you are authorized to receive it. To establish that you are properly authorized to receive tax information of a decedent or their estate, you would have to submit the following with your information request:

• The decedent’s complete name, address and social security number
  • A copy of the death certificate, and either
  • A copy of Letters Testamentary approved by the court, or
  • IRS Form 56, Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship, if there is no court proceeding

Letters Testamentary is a document issued by the court during probate of a decedent’s estate. In some states, they may be called Letters of Administration or Letters of Representation. The document grants the estate administrator, executor or personal representative of the deceased, authority to manage the affairs of the decedent and their estate. In addition to resolving tax matters, you may need Letters Testamentary to gain control of the decedent’s assets.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4