Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed an extension on my tax return because I didn't know…

I filed an extension...

I filed an extension on my tax return because I didn't know my tax credit. when do I need to have tis complete.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can I get a duplicate form showing my tax credit for the ACA

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

When you file an extension you are asking for 6 months extra time to file your return. That means you have til October 15th to file instead of April.

If you do not owe any tax when you file then you are not penalized. If you paid all tax with the extension you are not penalized.

The form 1095A is issued to report your healthcare from the Marketplace. I will see if you can get a copy, one moment.............

okay

This is what I have been advised:

1. Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
  2. Click the green "Start a new application or update an existing one" button.
  3. Choose "Go to my applications & coverage" at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Under "Your existing applications," select your 2016 application — not your 2017 application.

The Marketplace must supply you with this. I hope this has been helpful.

A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Ok thanks

You are most welcome.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4