Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a call from the IRS stating I owed past taxes. In…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call from the IRS stating I owed past taxes. In order to correct this matter and not go to court I was instructed to do the following. This came from a chief investigator. I was told to go and get I-tune gift cards and a target gift card to make a payment. The number I called was 1-202-8804. I spoke to a Pat Hunter. Is this something new?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
12/14/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

This is a scam. IRS does not take payments this way.

I suggest you contact your local police department and report this. IRSv does not collect via phone calls, and they do not accept Target gift cards.

I suggest not taking any more calls from these people either. Let the calls go to your voice mail and bring any messages to the police as well.

Good luck, and thanks for asking at just answer. Please rate my response with positive feedback to complete your request. I'mCustomer