Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Where can I find an outline of the proposed new tax laws.

Customer Question
Where can I find...

Where can I find an outline of the proposed new tax laws

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Where can I find a list 1,2,3, etc (outline) of the proposed new tax laws?.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

There are all these hundreds of words. New Tax # !; New Tax Law # 2: ect..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
12/14/2017
Tax Professional: taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Please give me a few minutes to type my response.

I have read this new law extensively for the firm I work for. I've written a few papers about it.

Below are some links that you will find helpful:

First, here is the actual text of the House tax bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1/text

Here is a discussion of the House bill:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/politics/house-tax-overhaul-bill.html

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/tags/2017-tax-bill

Here is the actual Senate bill:

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/tax-bill-2017/card/1512431352

Here are some discussions of the Senate bill:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/02/pf/taxes/senate-tax-bill-passed/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politics/republican-tax-plan-deal/index.html

Here is a discussion of the compromise that is being worked on today:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/13/house-senate-leaders-reach-tentative-deal-on-sweeping-tax-package-ap-citing-sources.html

I have attached a couple of comparisons from Ernst & Young.

I hope this helps you! If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks! Have a great week!

taxmanrog
taxmanrog