Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is late fee and interest on my statement included in total…

Customer Question
Is late fee and...

Is late fee and interest on my statement included in total amount/balance as of 12/6/2017 of $726.47 or is total of late fee and interest accumulated to be paid separately.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My statement I just received states amount I owe $726.47 penalty $64.59 and interest charges $101.73. are the two amounts included in the balance of $726.47 or accumulate and I pay that also.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

My final balance is what I have on my statement , what about the penalty fee and the interest charges as I indicated above included in the $726.47 total that I owe?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
12/13/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If the statement shows the total amount you owe is $726.47, the penalty and interest amounts are included.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent