Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My son paid $ 273.86 per month for health insurance, but I'm…

Customer Question
My son paid $...

My son paid $ 273.86 per month for health insurance, but I'm not sure the amount I need to put on form 8962, column b ?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Not sure the amount I need to put on form 8962, column b.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
12/13/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Does your son have health insurance through the Marketplace?

If so, he should have received Form 1095-A, which will contain the information you need to fill out Form 8962.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Form 1095-A for 2016 listed all zero's, but his income was $ 2,204.00 , all cash, so I thought he would be entitled to a credit, much like in 2015.
No, thanks.

He would be entitled to a credit based on his income.

You copy the information exactly as it appears on the 1095-A

If you're receiving an offer for a phone call, it is system generated. Just ignore it.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney