Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If you are a sole proprietor llc and contributing to a SEP…

If you are a sole...
If you are a sole proprietor llc and contributing to a SEP should it be contributed from a personal account or business account? I would think personal since on your tax return it is deducted on the 1040 and not the schedule c
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am prepping your response. I will get back to you shortly.

SEP contributions are made by employers, therefore, the check should come from the business account instead of the personal account. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------------------

Only an employer can maintain and contribute to a SEP plan for its employees.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://hr.cch.com/news/pension/070111a.asp

---------------------------------------------

Still writing...

I take it that you are a single member LLC. There is no such entity as a sole proprietorship LLC. A business structure is either a sole proprietorship, an LLC, or other recognized business structure. As a single member LLC, I take it that you have a separate business name and bank account. The business account is the account that the SEP contributions should come from.

-----------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant